With the global and national focus on coronavirus/COVID-19, the health and wellness of our employees, customers and communities are, as always, our top priority. We are carefully monitoring developments and adhering to recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our local health authorities.
We want to keep you updated on the procedures we have in place here. We’ll be updating this page as needed.
While the Shopping Center ownership and management are taking reasonable precautions in accordance with CDC guidelines, but do not have control over our customers or patrons, vendors or tenants, and while we have alerted them to these guidelines, as all are aware, there are only limited tests available to test for COVID-19, and many people who are positive do not show any symptoms or show only mild symptoms. Therefore, notwithstanding our preventative actions, there is a risk of exposure. THEREFORE, ANYONE WHO ENTERS THE SHOPPING CENTER IS ADVISED TO TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS, INCLUDING WEARING PROTECTIVE GEAR, SUCH AS A FACE MASK, PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING, KEEPING AT LEAST 6 FEET FROM OTHER PEOPLE WHILE IN THE CENTER, AND WASHING THEIR HANDS OFTEN AND NOT TOUCHING THEIR FACES. THAT SAID, WHILE WE WELCOME YOU BACK INTO THE CENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE SAFE PRACTICES, YOU ENTER THE SHOPPING CENTER AT YOUR SOLE RISK; THE SHOPPING CENTER OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR THE RISK OF YOUR EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 WHILE IN THE CENTER. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE CRISIS, AND THE CONTINUAL DEVELOPMENT OF DATA AND EVENTS, POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE LANDLORD.
· Employees with a fever or cold and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home
· Masks are required for employees
· Social gatherings of ten or more will be prohibited until further notice
· Encouragement of social distancing practices, including the use distancing markers
· Signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions recommended by the CDC
Additionally, we’ve advised our retailers to follow these guidelines in their stores. We need, and request, your cooperation in following these guidelines. These remain guidelines, and due to the nature of the crisis, are under continual development and may be subject to change.
Further, due to the fact that some COVID-19 positive cases do not exhibit symptoms, and the fact that adherence to these guidelines are not totally within our control, customers to the Mall are welcome to shop, but do so at your sole risk.
· Wear protective masks
· If a store is busy, please come back later
· Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with unwashed hands
· If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue, discard it immediately and wash or sanitize your hands
· Thoroughly wash your hands on a frequent basis with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
· Use sanitizer stations at the entrances to keep your hands clean
· Stay home if you have a fever or cold and flu-like symptoms, such as a cough, runny nose or body aches
Please enter Northgate Mall through the Food Court doors at this time. All other entrances will be closed until further notice. However, all mall doors will remain emergency exits at this time.
There will be no mall walking until further notice.
Our children's play area will remain closed until further notice.
All Northgate Mall events have been cancelled until further notice.
Northgate Mall Hours Will Be As Follows Until Further Notice:
*Anchor, Restaurant and Theater hours may differ.
We recommend reaching out to the particular restaurant or retailer you are planning to visit before traveling to the mall at this time as our tenants may be operating under their own modified hours or be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.